Ohhh it’s Monday again. I cannot BELIEVE it’s almost the end of March. Honestly, what’s happening that life is on fly-by mode?? No complaining, just so much happening lately 🙂
“All good things, all good things.” – Olaf, Frozen.
Moving on… Here are some wonderful happenings from my weekend that are making me feel Marvelous in my Monday 🙂
1. Running my FASTEST for the longest amount of time. I am always around a 10-minute mile while running. Whether it’s a 5K or 10 miles, that’s my area. Well Friday, I blew myself away with this time. I accidentally stopped it after 5 ish miles, but ran until 7 miles at this same pace!
Have you ever crushed a run like this before? I mean, it was an amazing feeling, lemme tell ya.
2. Family Time. My family and I had a lovely time Saturday night watching the Badgers WIN, and then afterwards a good old-fashioned Star Wars movie. Good times. I know you all have seen my photos of my adorrrrable Bernese Mountain Dog, Gus… he thinks he’s a lap dog…
3. House of Blues – Chicago. After a wonderful time with my family traipsing around the Windy City, we decided to get dinner at the HOB, which is a favorite of ours. I ordered this DELICIOUS blackened shrimp salad. Definitely marvelous.
After dinner, my dad surprised us with tickets to see the Broadway Musical: Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat. I cannot express enough how much my family LOVES this musical. Yes, we were that family of five singing all the words in the back, swingin’ and swayin’. Ahhh, gotta love it.
4. Extra weekend workout. After that beautiful Friday night run, I was flying high on the workout wagon, and went to a turbokick session Saturday morning, followed by a relaxing and stretching-based yoga class. Really felt great, and relaxed the rest of the afternoon after those pretty strenuous back-to-back workouts.
5. CALIFORNIA this Thursday! If you can’t tell, I’ve been counting down the days, hours, minutes, seconds to when my dad and I jet off to California for a week! We leave this Thursday! We’re planning on running across the Golden Gate bridge for our half-marathon build-up run.
It’s going to be mahhhhhvelous, dahhhhhling 🙂
How was everyone’s weekend? Any highlights that are making you feel Marvelous on this beautiful Monday?