Seeing as the last time I posted was LAST Thursday, I figure its definitely time for some thinking out loud (Thanks Amanda!).
My weeks have just been flying – has anyone else felt this too?! One day rolling into the next, phew – I can only hope that summer comes faster!
…Wake up this morning to 38 degrees and rainy. Supposed to be like this for the next few days… Thanks Wisconsin, much appreciated.
Anyhoo… on to the good thoughts I’ve been thinkin lately 🙂
1. My sister graduated!! This isn’t as much of a thought as it is an experience; but I am so proud of her. Obviously never had a doubt in my mind she would exceed (in school and in LIFE) but she graduated Magna Cum Laude, guys. #showoff
2. I love manicures. But more than that, I love pedicures. I got the first pedicure OF MY LIFE last Thursday in Chicago with my sister. We were there for quite awhile, but BOY, I am so happy with the results. I really should take better care of my nails… or just get more manis-pedis 🙂
3. Last Friday in Chicago, Loyola University put on a big celebration party with food and drink for all the Quinlan School of Business students (my sister being one of them). It was at Navy Pier, and we had just perfect weather for it! I just realized I have not been to Navy Pier in like… 10 years? Oh, and there was chocolate fondue (milk AND dark). Nuff said.
The coolest part of the night was their various photo booths! They had someone taking action shots with a sweet camera, so we obviously jumped into that! (pun intended).
The other photo opp was in an actual photo booth, which I also haven’t done in years! Such fun pictures!
4. The Food In Chicago was SPOT ON. We went to dinner Saturday night after Mandaline’s graduation, to a restaurant called Topo Gigio – AKA Give me all the Italian food. We had seared scallops with pesto for an appetizer, and I had a grilled chicken breast with fresh mozz, spinach, tomatoes, and pancetta. GAH, perfection.
On Mother’s Day, we went to this GREAT restaurant/diner called Lou Mitchell’s in Chi-city. Have any of you been there? They offer everyone homemade donut holes when you walk in, and all women and kids get a box of Milk Duds! It’s a tradition, and I absolutely supported getting free candy before breakfast.
5. On a later note, last night I finally ran my first Badgerland Strider fun run of the year! This is such a fun group, and we get together every Wednesday night for a great 3 or 6 mile run! It was kinda chilly and rainy, but after the run there were great ham sandwiches and tons of taco dip! And of course, the ever-elusive Franzia wine box. Gotta love it.
There ya have it! My fun Thursday Thoughts for this week 🙂
I also have some SUPER exciting news I’m going to be posting about soon – so stay tuuuuuuned 🙂