Good morning friends! How’s your week? Good I hope 🙂 Mine’s been pretty dang swell I’ll have to say.
Today’s Thinking Out Loud post is pretty special 🙂 Lots of happy things whirring around in my life! Thanks Amanda, per usual ❤
1. Every Wednesday in the summer, my running group has a ‘fun run’ at a Milwaukee-area park, where we all meet and run 3 miles or 6 (if we do two loops). There’s tons of people, food and beverages after, and its FREE. Well, we uuuuusually go on these fine summer nights. But last night, Patrick decided to take me to a new and “hip” restaurant called Firefly. We both had had loooong days, had blazing and sweaty workouts yesterday morning, and were just fixated on having good food.
2. So he treated me to dinner ❤ The pictures do not do this food justice… lemme tell you that! I Highly Highly Highly recommend going there if you’re in the area. Our plates were literally spotless at the end of our meal, and the small hot/cold plate option is always my favorite, since we share everything anyways!
Mini burgers with garlic parmesan fries and aioli dip and ketchup. I took a picture of what was in each burger so I wouldn’t forget the AWESOME DELICIOUSNESS. My favorite was the boursin tomato pesto one. Patrick obviously loved the mushroom one 😉
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
3. Whenever I lift at the gym, I always want to get a decent picture of me ACTUALLY lifting. But that would require me awkwardly asking someone to take a picture of me squatting, so no thanks. Until then, here is me stretching in between sets of squats and lunges this AM.
4. Not sure why I was in a funky mood yesterday, but I reverted back to Rachel’s (yogagirl’s) blog post she put up a few weeks ago. “Flip your Perspective”. She is SO right. Shake yourself out of feeling lost or dazed and you’ll come to realize the answer is right in front of you. Or maybe there really is nothing wrong. Just adjust your perspective, and realize how many blessings you have in life. #grateful
Link to blog: Flip your perspective
5. This morning, I did just that. And ya know what? I PR’ed on my squat weight. I started doing sets with 10 squats, 10 jump squats, 10 lunges, 10 jumping lunges. I did 3 of those. Then I moved to heavier weights and just squats and lunges. Then when the weight was too heavy, I moved to just squats. And PR’ed at 225 lbs. Pretty happy, I have to admit. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Two 45 lb plates. Eeks!
6. Wisconsin is deciding to NOW have a rainy season. Don’t get me wrong, I love the rain. I will take rain every single day if it means no snow. But why now?? Ah well, at least its still warm… *fingers crossed it stays that way*
7. I realized that I have this pair of socks that definitely are NOT a pair, but I always put them together. Their respective partners are lost forever, and thus, these two are now matched up. They’re both yellow at least?
8. I have to run 12 miles on Saturday for my marathon training. It’s supposed to be 90 degrees. Mayyyybe I’ll just have to start it at 5am so I’m not baked to a crisp in the mid-morning hours. Do you have a preference for the time of day you love to workout/run?
9. Patrick and I have one more HP movie left. Deathly Hallows #2. Oof, this is gonna be tough to watch, but I still CAN’T LOOK AWAY. #hpfanatic
10. Hope you all have an amazing rest of your day/week! ❤